Monday, July 12, 2010

Rest Day Update

First of all , Rest Day !?! I'm working today , why can't those guys ? You would think they get paid enough , let them suck it up and suffer a bit . Nobody else likes monday but we all go to work anyway .

So yesterdays action... Well it finally happened . After years of dominance , and almost just as much shooting his mouth off , Big Tex finally got spanked in a big way . The silly Brit commentator said "The tour shouldn't be this hard on him" , but quite frankly , the Tour doesn't care . It's not like the Tour is some living , breathing thing that feels bad for accidentally stepping on your puppy . If you can't keep up , you get left behind . And also , as far as I could tell , he crashed once , not three times . if you're not rolling around on the ground , it's not a crash , it's just "you put your foot down". But in his defense I must say , the fact that he's there at all is pretty impressive ; I mean come on ... isn't he like 87 years old ? The fact that he can even walk , let alone ride a bike at that age is worthy of much praise .

Then the rest of the action (or lack thereof) Well , some guys got off the front early and tried their best to stay away , but alas , it wasn't to be . They were reeled in a few kilometers before the finish and after a couple guys without the legs tried to get away , a couple of guys with legs got away just before the finish . A skinny guy won .

Post race rider quotes

Not So Big Anymore Tex "Not fair . How come if we all waited for him when he fell , nobody waited for me when I fell"

La Pistolero "This tour fills me with boredom . I will wait until we ride on some real mountains , then I will show everyone my superior manliness".

A Tall Skinny Dude " I'm having the best form of my life so far . The drugs must be working, uh , I mean , my team was great , it's all down to them ".

There is currently a rumor circulating that there will be a HTC Droid Mark Cavendish model available soon . Apparently , it's in Beta testing but they are having a hard time making it work amazingly well for the first year , and then seem not to work at all , only to suddenly start working again . Then the home screen only shows a sad clown face .

More mountains tomorrow . Yellow Jersey Competition prediction , Some guys will go off the front , stay away for most of the race , get caught before the finish and some skinny guy will win .

And oh , yeah , now that he's dropped for good can we stop showing Not So Big Anymore Tex's jersey on the crawl like he's got his own category in the race , sort of like "Best Lance Armstrong" ?

No comments:

Post a Comment