Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fear And Loathing At The Tour De France

I don't know how this will go ; the Benadryl is kicking and I'm trying to focus through allergy medicine induced hallucinations . That and it's difficult to type while trying to keep my feet off the floor so the purple snakes down there don't bite me .

So The Unrepentant Doper finally won his stage . He's been trying for a few days now ; lots of attacks , lots of time off the front , and finally makes good on one . But now the problem ... If I were La Pistolero , I would be wondering when The Unrepentant Doper will test positive and get the whole team booted from the Tour . That could be the only thing to stop him now ; there certainly isn't a rider to do it . And he is too canny a rider to self destruct like some other riders have done this year . If The Unrepentant Doper suddenly takes ill and has to abandon before Paris , we'll all know why .

Also , how does everyone else keep giant spiders off their desk ?

Not As Big As He Used To Be Tex dropped his anchor on the finishing climb again today . His plan must be to lose so much time that no one cares if he goes off the front to try to win a stage . I don't think that's going to work though ; somehow , I would doubt there will be much sympathy for him if he does attack (which seems unlikely) since he's already got a pile of stage wins to his name . I just dont see anyone being willing to work with him .

And whatever happened to him working to protect The Bald Yanks potential podium position ? He never seems to be there to help when the going gets steep and his team mate might need him . And as far as The Bald Yank goes , does anyone really care ? Have you ever seen a more boring podium contender ? Even the way he speaks of the race reaks of apathy . He keeps talking of riding conservativly and hopefully making back time in the final TT . Well , surprise , there's one Russian in the way who has already won a grand tour and won't be a pushover .

The snakes are now eating the spiders , I think I'm safe .

The Crybaby made good today , won a field sprint ( albeit for second place ) without the help of his Expelled Thug team mate . When hard pressed , he still has the speed to win even without his prime guys .

The God Of Thunder went in the break yesterday just to secure more sprinter points . He may not be able to compete with the really fast guys head to head , but he has the largest attatchments of any of them and is still a good bet for green at the finish .

As we all know by now , The Tall skinny Dude lost more time yesterday . He was heard to complain after the race that it wasn't fair because he could'nt keep up and so the race should have been neutralized . He also said if this kept up , he wouldn't even try to win anymore and second place would have to do .

Uh , now the snakes are jumping up and hanging from the ceiling . I better go get an umbrella .

No comments:

Post a Comment